Dream JobLevel: Pre-Intermediate
- Reinforcement of "What do you do?"
- Vocabulary: Mum (UK) and Mom (US).
- The use of run for manage.
- Vocabulary: heart-wrenching and entrepreneur.
Always watch the video several times without subtitles first. Train your ears! Your pronunciation will be much better if you follow this simple rule.
Exercises for this lesson:
- Nona doesn't like "Corporate America"
- Diane wants to be an F-16 pilot
- A chef & a professional beach volleyball player
- A full-time mum
- A professional football player
- Ninfa wants to be an explorer
- Gail wants to help people live healthy lives
- Own a bar and a hamburger joint!
- Ryan and Najla
- Sandy The Tour Guide
- Angelina is becoming an entrepreneur
- Jesus the Teacher
- Gail the journalist
How to do the lessons:
- Watch the video without subtitles.
- Do all the Exercises.
- Come back to this page.
- Watch the video with English Subtitles. Use the Pause button. People speak fast!
What do you do? Is that your dream job? No? What IS your dream job?
Watch this video, then click on Exercise 1
Same video with Precise Subtitles
In this lesson, we ask the question "What do you do for a living?" but we also go beyond this question to ask the interviewees if they really like their jobs. In other words, is your current job your "dream job"? If not, what is your dream job?
Five people out of the 16 in this video seem to have already found his/her dream job.