- The Purpose of Education in 2021, by Amanda Taylor.
- Assignmentgeek.com is an online writing service offering professional assistance to students of all levels - ranging from high school and college to university. With a swift ordering process, students can find solutions to their homework challenges with vital insight and clear argumentation from expert geeks. It has top-notch writers who are available to work effectively to meet the tightest deadlines. With its long-term, high satisfactory relationship with clients, the site has enabled many students to skyrocket their grades.
- Jooble.org: Your new job, vacancies all over the USA.
- Are Essay Writing Companies Legal? The Facts
- The 5 Worst Academic Essay Writing Mistakes to Avoid
- Math Help for Students: 5 Ways to Get It Right
- MyPaperWriter.com is a top academic writing company specializing in research and term paper writing. The agency provides a wide range of services, including editing and proofreading. With ten years of experience and thousands of satisfied clients worldwide, the company enjoys the reputation of the leader in this highly-competitive niche. MyPaperWriter also has an amazing database of absolutely free essay samples destined to help high school and college students make their first steps in academic writing.
- UsEssayWriters.com is a renowned online writing service providing hundreds of students with plagiarism-free custom essays every day 24/7. The company has more than 300 experienced writers ready to start writing, editing, or proofreading your paper right now. Here you can order any kind of essay and participate in the writing process. The service is famous for its timely delivery and friendly customer support team.
- Vicki Hollett - Before having met Vicki online as a colleague, she was first and foremost a mentor, in the same tradition as EFL pioneers L.G. Alexander and Robert O'Neill. During a period of over 30 years when The Marzio School in the south of France was very active in teaching English to French business people and technicians, we used countless quantities of 4 of her books which were perfect for 90% of our students: Business Objectives, Tech Talk, Quick Work, and Business Opportunities. The Meeting Objectives video was the only video besides Real English® which the teachers enjoyed using at that point in time, and Vicki also wrote the workbook for that collection. We've all evolved since then, of course, as the EFL terrain in Europe has radically shifted. Have a look at Vicki's new activities, her new video site for example. She's younger and even more dynamic now!
- English with Jennifer Jennifer Lebedev is redifining the way English is being taught on the internet. In addition to her site, her YouTube channel provides students with the clearest, most well organized lessons on the essentials of the English language. Besides, she's a simply a pleasure to watch and learn with!
- Nik's Learning Technology Blog Nik Peachey is a freelance learning technology consultant, writer and teacher trainer. He specialises in writing computer based learning materials for language development and teacher training. He also offer a range of web related consultancy services. One of the vey best blogs for EFL/ESL teachers on the web.
- Basic English for Beginners Apk: Learn the basics of English with this FREE android app. This app will help you learn English from the beginning in an easy step by step way. Once you complete this course, you will be able to speak and understand the English language at a basic level.
- Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day Larry is the The master linker to websites that will help you teach ELL, ESL and EFL. He regularly publishes useful articles in the New York Times in addition to other publications. He teaches in Sacrament, California and id the reference in educational technology for the ELL, ESL and EFL community all around the globe.
- Webheads in Action, helping each other online for the benefit of ESL students and teachers. Created by Vance Stevens, this is simply the best EFL ESL community on the web. A must for teachers.
- The Marzio School, creator of Real English.
- VR and AR in Higher Education
- The Real English Blog.
- Six Apps and Platforms for Essay Writing
- 5 Challenges You'll Encounter in Online ESL Teaching and How to Overcome Them
- Six Apps and Platforms for Essay Writing
How to Learn English by Watching TV Series and Get the Most Out of It?
Nowadays, knowledge of English is especially relevant. Without it, no self-respecting
company will hire anyone. It will be difficult to travel, play at an online
casino or just understand the instructions to a household item. But when
it comes to learning the language, many questions arise. So how do you learn
a language? After all, textbooks are boring. Is it possible to learn English
from movies and TV shows?
There are several ways of learning English: tutoring, self-study, speaking with natives, reading books in English, learning English from talking, and watching TV shows, movies, and TV series. The last option is the most interesting. In this case, you can kill two birds with one stone: both learning and having fun.
In this article, we will tell you how to learn English from TV series, which ones to watch to learn the language faster, and how to do it quickly and effectively.
Why Do You Have to Try Learning English With the Help of TV Series?
It would seem that watching movies is a useless activity. But, no. For some
people, listening to the interesting dialogues of their favorite characters
is much more enjoyable than sitting through a tedious lecture. Here are a few
reasons why you should watch your favorite movies to learn a language:
- Entertainment. It is both a hobby and a learning experience. You watch your favorite movie and learn at the same time. Isn't that fabulous?
- Expand your vocabulary. This practice helps you learn modern English, with all the slang and latest turns of phrase. In textbooks, as a rule, the language is only literary.
- Understanding the "living language" by ear. Sometimes, even knowing a foreign language at the highest level, it's difficult to understand its native speakers, because of the differences in accent.
- Beautiful pronunciation. Watching soap operas we understand more about the pronunciation of native speakers, catch the rhythm, intonation, and new sounds. Pronunciation can be practiced in different ways, for example, by selecting an interesting piece of monologue or dialogue and repeating after the actors.
- Learning and understanding another culture. Series give you the opportunity not only to learn new vocabulary but also to understand another culture. Especially relevant for those who plan to travel or study in another country.
What Is the Right Way to Learn English by Watching TV Shows?
Choose the level of study that is right for you.Here you should also pay attention to the dialect of the language you want to learn - British or American.
- For beginners, it's best to start with children's cartoons, simple little movies (Twilight for example), and simple sitcoms.
- For the intermediate level, modern cartoons such as "Adventure Time", TV series you've already seen, such as "Friends", or a simple level such as "The Good Place".
- Those with above-average language skills can watch Doctor Who, The Simpsons, Rick and Morty, and practically anything else.
Watch movies according to your interests.
If you're a fan of horror movies, then melodramas won't do. In this case, you are more likely to fall asleep while watching than to learn something. When it comes to learning English from soap operas, make sure you watch what you like.
Use SubtitlesFor beginners, it's the best option. This way, it's easier to memorize the words and expressions of the main characters in action. It's also a great way to practice your grammar.
Write out and translate unfamiliar words.
Optimally, turn on the movie in English, write out some of the words that were unfamiliar while watching, and during a pause or after watching the whole series, find their translation (another good use of online translations).
Watch the movie several times.Once you have written out the unfamiliar words, re-watch them after a while. This will improve your memory.
Repeat the phrases of the main characters.
This will not only help you remember unfamiliar phrases but also improve your pronunciation of English words.
Discuss movies with friends in the language you are learning.
This will help you speak English and find new ways to communicate.
We hope that it will help you learn English with fun and pleasure!