Introduction to Do / Does (Present Simple)Level: Pre-Intermediate
- Job activities.
- The use of "so" for agreement.
- Grammar recap. Present Simple.
Always watch the video several times without subtitles first. Train your ears! Your pronunciation will be much better if you follow this simple rule.
Exercises for this lesson:
- Short spelling review (1)
- What does he teach? (2)
- Present Simple Grammar (3)
- What does Chris do? (4)
- Use of "so" for agreement (5)
- Sheila & her husband (6)
- Who's the boss? (7)
- Create the video transcript (8)
- Describing your colleagues (9)
- Describing your boss (10)
How to do the lessons:
- Watch the video without subtitles.
- Do all the Exercises.
- Come back to this page.
- Watch the video with English Subtitles. Use the Pause button. People speak fast!
Introduction to Do / Does (Present Simple)
Watch this video, then click on Exercise 1
Same video with Precise Subtitles beginning at 3:07
There are four Interviews in this lesson, including David & Alan, Robert and Chris, Sybil, and Chris & Donna & Millie (that's Millie in the picture on the left).
Chris, Donna, and Millie work together. Donna's the boss. They seem to break the tension of the office during this interview on the street.
What do they do? What does she do? This lesson introduces us to new verbs in a form which express generalities and habits, such as going to work everyday!
This lesson includes review of a polite way to ask someone to introduce a friend, as well as people introducing themselves.