Lesson 58 - Fernando (b) - Exercise 2
- Joanne says to Fernando: "I detect an accent. What would that be?"
In this case, would is used to indicate uncertainty. In other words, Joanne is not certain
- of where Fernando is originally from.
- of where Fernando learned Portuguese.
- if Fernando has an accent when he speaks English.
- Type two words which mean "mother tongue" It's a synonyym but it is not "first language". It is "_ _ _ _ _ _ language"!
- native language
- native son
- mother language
If you need an approximate translation to your own language, the Google Translate button is available at the top of the screen.