Lesson 23, Exercise 9: Hey, cameraman, have you GOT it?
Interviewer: Excuse me.
Interviewer: What do you have in the bag?
Virginia: I have groceries, strawberries, and milk, and...
Interviewer: Can you show us just one thing, and tell us what it is?
Virginia: How about some lettuce?
Interviewer: Okay. And what is that?
Interviewer: Got it?
Cameraman: (does not speak, but gives an OK sign, like this):
groceries (noun): meat, fruits, vegetables, dairy products (milk, for example) and supplies for the home in general.
What has the cameraman got?
- A good picture of the lettuce.
- A head of lettuce and some strawberries.
- Virginia's groceries.
What does the interviewer mean when he asks "Got it?" ?
- Have you got a good picture of the lettuce?
- Have you got a head of lettuce?
- Have you got any groceries?
Virginia asks "How about some lettuce?". This is the same as asking:
- Do you want to see the lettuce, for example?
- Do you like vegetables?
- What are you doing?
The interviewer asks Virginia
- to show us one grocery item.
- why she buys lettuce.
- why she is shopping.