Lesson 18 - Exercise 5 - Bill
- Bill's answer to the question begins badly because
- the usual reply to "What are the Germans like?" is "The Germans are (adjective)".
- the usual reply to "What are the Germans like?" is "The Germans like (noun)".
- it is not possible to say "The Germans are like (noun) ["The Germans are like machines", for example].
- According to Bill, the Germans are
- hard of hearing.
- Bill, who is British, also thinks that
- the Germans have a sense of purpose, and that the British don't.
- the British have a sense of purpose, and the Germans don't.
- that the Germans have lost their sense of purpose in life.
If you need an approximate translation to your own language, the Google Translate button is available at the top of the screen.