Lesson 16 - Bill in Paris - Exercise 3
- It is 2017 now. Bill went to Paris in 2015. He went to Paris 2 years
- Get is a complicated little verb. The past of get is got. But it is very different from another important use of "got".
What happened to Bill in Paris?
- He got lost.
- He got out of Paris.
- He got over it.
- "Some guy" got a taxi cab for Bill (and this French guy paid for the taxi cab!). "Some guy" =
- A stranger.
- Bill's brother.
- Bill's mother.
- What did the French guy do?
- He got a cab for Bill.
- He got Bill a cab.
- Bill got a cab on his own.
- Bill went to Paris a couple of years ago. Went is the past form of
- Bill went to Paris 3 times after his first trip:
- He has been back 3 times.
- He is going to go back 3 times.
If you need an approximate translation to your own language, the Google Translate button is available at the top of the screen.