Lesson 57, Exercise 2 - Present Perfect Continuous - Grammar
- Watch the video of Betty Jean, then answer the question.
- How long does it take you to come here to juggle?
- How long have you been juggling today?
- How long are your juggling clubs?
- How long has Betty Jean been juggling today? Answer with a COMPLETE SENTENCE. Type it.
She can answer the question using a specific amount of time (10 minutes) or the point in the past when she began juggling (since 10 o'clock, for example).
Note: it is NOT necessary to use "for". In fact, Betty Jean answers "Uh, about 10 minutes". But it IS NECESSARY to use since if she answers using a point of time in the past (since 10 o'clock). More practice with the Present Perfect here, and more practice with the Present Perfect Continuous here.
Practice your pronunciation. Listen: