Lesson 23, Exercise 15: Grapes
Sara asks if the interviewer wants to see "a French fry or a grape". The interviewer answers "Okay, whatever".
- The interviewer will be happy to see anything in her bag.
- The interviewer wants to see grapes, not just one grape.
- The interviewer wants to see all her french firies, not just one.
Sara asks "What is this for?"
What is the interviewer's answer? Type it!
- This is for language learning.
- This is about grapes.
- This is for my agricultiral students.
Whatever is a pronoun, adjective, and exlamation: As an exclamation used by the
interviewer here, it simply shows indifference. It's as if he said
'shows us anything you like. It doesn't matter which item you show.'
Note: After saying that 'This is for a language learning tape.', the Interviewer continues by adding:
'It has nothing to do with grapes, really.' Sara replies 'okay' and laughs.