Lesson 17 - The Italians for Pre-Intermediates - Exercise 9
- Watch the video at the six-second point (00:06). Andrew pronounces and tries to illustrate the adjective expressive with a gesture of his hand.
When you are expressive,
- you use actions and you speak.
- you speak like a robot.
- you say nothing.
- Tom agrees that the Italians are emotional.
- Tom agrees that the Italians are emotive.
- Tom agrees that the Italians are unbalanced.
Andrew is making a gesture. He is trying to be "expressive" as he says "expressive".
If you need an approximate translation to your own language, the Google Translate button is available at the top of the screen.