Lesson 16, Exercise 13: Luke
He's not sure, but he explains the best he can.
Does Luke know a lot of French people?
- No, he doesn't. He only knows a few.
- Yes, he does.
- He knows 50 French people.
How does Luke know French people?
- He learns French in school. His French teachers are French.
- He learns French in school. His French teachers are American.
- He went to France last year.
What's his opinion of his French teachers?
- They have a "little attitude".
- They have "bad attitudes".
- They're very snobby in his opinion.
A person who is stuck-up is a snob. Snobs avoid people who are "socially inferior" and try to associate with people who are "socially superior".