Lesson 16 - Luke - Exercise 13
- Does Luke know a lot of French people?
- No, he doesn't. He only knows a few.
- Yes, he does.
- He knows 50 French people.
- How does Luke know French people?
- He learns French in school. His French teachers are French.
- He learns French in school. His French teachers are American.
- He went to France last year.
- What's his opinion of his French teachers?
- They have a "little attitude".
- They have "bad attitudes".
- They're very snobby in his opinion.
A person who is stuck-up is a snob. Snobs avoid people who are "socially inferior" and try to associate with people who are "socially superior".
If you need an approximate translation to your own language, the Google Translate button is available at the top of the screen.