Lesson 15, Exercise 7 - The past and future of 'can'
Last year (in the past)
- Anne was able to bake chocolate chip cookies.
- Anne couldn't bake chocolate chip cookies.
- Anne could bake chocolate chip cookies.
Next year (in the future)
- Graham could cook steak and chips.
- Graham will be able to cook steak and chips.
- Graham won't be able to cook steak and chips.
|Grammar Note - The Present, Past and Future of Modal Verb CAN|
Anne says her best dish is "chocolate chip cookies". But to be exact we do not "cook" cookies. We bake cookies.
verb: to prepare food for eating by applying heat.
verb: to cook in an oven
This is an oven.
We all make mistakes: Notice that Graham makes a mistake when he says "Oh, steak and chips is very good". What's the mistake? Watch again.