Lesson 15 - Exercise 7 - Can you cook? - Can in the Past and Future
- Last year (in the past)
- Anne was able to bake chocolate chip cookies.
- Anne couldn't bake chocolate chip cookies.
- Anne could bake chocolate chip cookies.
- Next year (in the future)
- Graham could cook steak and chips.
- Graham will be able to cook steak and chips.
- Graham won't be able to cook steak and chips.
|Grammar Note - The Present, Past and Future of Modal Verb CAN|
Anne says her best dish is "chocolate chip cookies". But to be exact we do not "cook" cookies. We bake cookies.
verb: to prepare food for eating by applying heat.
verb: to cook in an oven
This is an oven.
We all make mistakes: Notice that Graham makes a mistake when he says "Oh, steak and chips is very good". What's the mistake? Watch again.
If you need an approximate translation to your own language, the Google Translate button is available at the top of the screen.