Lesson 18 - Exercise 5 - Bill
Watch the video, then answer the question.
Bill's answer to the question begins badly because
- the usual reply to "What are the Germans like?" is "The Germans are (adjective)".
- the usual reply to "What are the Germans like?" is "The Germans like (noun)".
- it is not possible to say "The Germans are like (noun) ["The Germans are like machines", for example].
According to Bill, the Germans are
- hard of hearing.
Bill, who is British, also thinks that
- the Germans have a sense of purpose, and that the British don't.
- the British have a sense of purpose, and the Germans don't.
- that the Germans have lost their sense of purpose in life.