Lesson 16 - Luke - Exercise 13
A person who is stuck-up
is a snob. Snobs avoid people who are "socially inferior" and try to associate with people who are "socially superior".
Watch the video. Listen:
Does Luke know a lot of French people?
- No, he doesn't. He only knows a few.
- Yes, he does.
- He knows 50 French people.
How does Luke know French people?
- He learns French in school. His French teachers are French.
- He learns French in school. His French teachers are American.
- He went to France last year.
What's his opinion of his French teachers?
- They have a "little attitude".
- They have "bad attitudes".
- They're very snobby in his opinion.
© The Marzio School and Real English L.L.C.
Real English® is a Registered Trademark of The Marzio School. All rights Reserved.